Princeton University Chef Rob Harbison, along with Stu Orefice, director of dining services there, hosted the April Garden State on Your Plate tasting, Here's the recipe for the bright spring salad they served to the children, staff and parents at the two schools.
Chef Rob’s Carrot-Apple Salad with Pea Tendrils
Makes 12 servings
- 8 ounces pea tendrils
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Terhune apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, vinegar, lemon juice, and shallot. Slowly whisk in olive oil to form an emulsion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with salad and serve.